Basic Wilderness Survival Class
Acquire the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to survive in the wilderness for up to 72 hours!
Training held in and around Cloudcroft, NM
- The Psychology of Survival
- How to plan for outdoor trips
- Fire making
- Food and water
- Introduction to signaling
- Introduction to maps and compass
- How to make a survival and first aid kit
Overview – Basic Class
· 8-hour class (some inside instruction) located in Cloudcroft, NM
· Students should bring lunch, snacks, and drinks to sustain them throughout the day. Water is available.
· A whistle, compass and ferro rod are part of the student package and will be provided to each student at the class.
· Although no rigorous training is planned, students will be required to hike up to two miles and participate in activities
· Class based on using what you have with you and how to improvise. 2 Day class includes more in depth hands on and some primitive skills.
· $75 per student to be paid at the time of registration
Call John at 575-921-7578 or email at email@example.com for training dates beginning in early May 2021
A more in depth overnight class to gain the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to survive in the wilderness utilizing man made and natural materials.
Wilderness First Aid
Shelter Making (hands on)
Introduction to traps
Overview – Intermediate Class
MORE INFORMATION FORTHCOMING! Two day class with overnight portion! Bring a tent or sleep under the stars!
Training Dates – 2021
May 15 (full), June 5 (full), June 27 (full), August 14, August 28-29, September 11, September 25-26. (Two day training dates in bold are for the upcoming Intermediate course. $150 per person). Cold weather classes to be held later in year.
Please sign and return this liability waiver.